Presque Isle County
January 23, 2017
The regular meeting of the Board of Road Commissioners for Presque Isle County was held at the Road Commission office at 657 South Bradley, Rogers City, Michigan. Chairman Thomas Catalano called the meeting to order at 8:37 a.m.
Board Members Present: Thomas Catalano, Charles Rhode and Ronald Bischer.
Also Present: Supt. /Mgr Smigelski and Clerk Wirgau.
A motion was approved to accept minutes from January 9, 2017 meeting.
Motion by Bischer (Rhode) to approve the January 23, 2017 accounts payable in the amount of $112,721.96
Ayes: Catalano, Rhode and Bischer.
• Supt./Mgr and Onaway Foreman will be meeting with a representative from Huron Pines on Wednesday to discuss an upcoming project.
• Supt./Mgr provided Municipal Employee’s Retirement System (MERS) funding level information and costs for the three MERS groups the road commission participates in.
• Moltke Township has requested an estimate for a project within their township.
• The rainy weather last week wreaked havoc on our supply of salt and salt/sand mix. Snowfall year to date is 59 inches. Crews are mixing more sand/salt mix.
• Crews will be receiving site specific training for the Carmeuse plant later this week.
• Presque Isle Township has requested a speed study for three locations. Supt./Mgr has also previously received a request for a speed study on a Bismarck Township road. Supt./Mgr will contact Michigan State Police in the spring to conduct the studies.
Replacement of two tractors was discussed and a sales representative from Michigan CAT reviewed proposed documents for a lease and purchase of extended warranties.
Motions were approved to vote on CRA constitution and bylaw amendments.
A motion was approved to advertise for bids on two tractors.
A motion was approved to allow expenses for Supt./Mgr to attend PASER Training in Gaylord on April 4, 2017.
The next meeting dates will be Monday, February 6, 2017 at 8:30 a.m. and Monday, February 20, 2017 at 8:30 a.m.
A motion was made by Rhode (Bischer) to adjourn at 11:35 a.m.
The complete minutes of the meeting of the Board of Presque Isle County Road Commissioners are available for viewing and may be seen at the Road Commission office at 657 South Bradley Highway, Rogers City, Michigan 49779.